Under sunny skies on the morning of Friday, Sept. 7, a crowd gathered in downtown Uxbridge for the official groundbreaking of the Brock Street Culvert Project.
Representatives from all four levels of government (Federal, Provincial, Regional and Municipal) were on hand for the event. Joining dignitaries were representatives from the contractor, Brennan Paving and Construction, and engineering firm Aecom . The Federal, Provincial and Regional governments are contributing $8 million in funding to the project.
Pictured above: Representatives from all four levels of government (from left) Mayor Pat Molloy, MPP Hon. Peter Bethlenfalvy, MP Jennifer O’Connell and Durham Regional Chair Gerri Lynn O’Connor celebrate the partnership at a special groundbreaking event on Friday, Sept. 7.
- Groundbreaking ceremony
- Construction signage in downtown core
- Building survey to monitor pre-construction condition
- Construction of parking lot at 12 Main Street North
- Temporary diversion of Uxbridge Brook near Centennial Drive
- Demolition of 34 & 36 Brock Street to begin on Oct. 3.