Construction of the new parking lot at 12 Main Street North was recently completed and the new lot is available for use. Cars may park here for up to 10-hours.
Loss of parking was consistently identified as a key issue among stakeholders during the pre-construction consultation phase of the Brock Street Culvert project. The Township has taken several steps to mitigate any loss of parking in the area with additional new spaces also added at the Old Fire Hall on Bascom Street as well as behind the Library on Centennial Drive
The municipal lots on Centennial Drive behind the Library and the Albert Street lot also have 10 hour parking.
Short-term 3 hour parking is available at the Old Fire Hall at 17 Bascom Street.
- New parking lot at 12 Main Street North
- Construction equipment moves into the downtown area
- Building survey to monitor pre-construction condition
- Installation of temporary Uxbridge Brook bypass culvert near Centennial Drive
- Demolition of buildings at 34 & 36 Brock Street West to start Oct. 3.
- Work begins on culvert replacement at the north end of the project area.